Does Hat Size Matter?

Does Hat Size Matter?
Does this hat make my head look too big..?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

James Cameron's Avatar... the Extended Edition

I suppose it is just smart business.  Release a movie in it's theatrical form on DVD, and then wait about half a year or more and then release an extended edition.  Yes, there is going to be an extended edition DVD of Avatar released this tuesday, or on monday night at midnight.  The movie will have additional footage to lengthen it to 3 hours long, basically a whole extra hour of movie..!  Yes, I bought the movie when it came out, and I got it on blu-ray.  Will I buy it again just to see the extra footage?  I just may, even if not right away.  Yes, I know it's just a scam to get more money out of the fans of the movie.  That's why it works.  We all know it, but we just gotta see all that extra movie footage...

It's kind of like when they did the pilot episode of SG-1 over recently (The Children of the Gods), yes, I have the pilot in it's original format, but they changed it..!  So, I just gotta see what they did different, because I'm a fan...  probably sort of pathetic.  Even when we know we're being scammed, it's too late for the die hard fan.  Like when we know it'll probably be cheaper to wait until the full season of a show comes out as a box set, these days they'll sell it to us bit by but as 'volumes', and many of us will buy it, even though in the long run it is more expensive.  Just so we can get that quick fix...

Back to Avatar, it is the first movie I saw in Digital 3D at the theater.  I was blown away.  It was an amazing experience and it took me days to settle down about it.  I felt that I must have an idea of how many people felt when Star Wars came out for the very first time, totally dazed and blown away by the special effects which were state of the art at the time.  So yeah, I'll probably get the extended edition too, sooner or later.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment