Does Hat Size Matter?

Does Hat Size Matter?
Does this hat make my head look too big..?

Saturday, October 30, 2010

...and so it begins!

This is my first post on my new Blog..!

I suppose I could write about anything for a first blog, but why not begin with why I'm here in the first place.  I've considered blogging in the past, and have never really done it outside of some posts in a few forums I frequent occasionally.  Hopefully this will be an outlet for the thoughts and ideas that make me who I am.  I intend to write about anything and everything I feel motivated to speak out about.  On the other hand, isn't that what everyone that blogs does after all?  So why not my 2 cents worth as well?  I suppose this first post is really about hope.  I hope that this will be a positive experience for myself and anyone that reads my blogs.  Yes, it would be nice if someone actually does read it.

A little about myself first I suppose...  I'm a geek, nerd, or whatever label you might want to put on me.  Yes, I like Star Trek, although I identify with the Stargate franchise more.  Star Wars too, since we're talking about major sci-fi universes.  I also like some fantasy too, but that was probably expected by this point.  Oh yes, and let us not forget the Japanese Anime and Manga.  I'm there too.  Since I brought up Manga, yes, I also like Marvel and DC comics characters to various degrees.  Spiderman is probably my all time favorite for Marvel, and Superman for DC.  I could go on, but is there really any point?  I think I've proven my geek-hood by now..!

Just as a point of possible interest, my Spiritual affiliation these days go with an ideaology I've coined (but found the term already existed, in roughly the way I meant it.), Monopantheism.  I won't go into much detail about it now, as I'll save that for later.  Suffice to say, it sounds a little New Age I suppose, but I wouldn't characterize it that way per say.  I'm not an Atheist, but I wouldn't necessarily view God by the usual standards.  To put it in a certain perspective, I believe that science and spirituality have equally strong roles in understanding God and the Universe.  The Sci-fi show, Babylon 5 touched on those kinds of things at times.  Okay, enough of that for now..!

I think I've written enough for a first blog, but this by NO means covers all the various topics I may speak up about.  I'm sure at some point I'll cover politics, the weather, gadgets, theories, and maybe even some psuedo science.  Any topic could come up, it just depends on the tides and flows of fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment